Call 803-590-3917 to talk to a Columbia Uber accident lawyer at Shealey Law Firm.
You can have a free consultation about your situation with a legal professional.
Attorneys for Uber Accidents in Columbia, SC
Our Uber accident lawyers at Shealey Law Firm represent victims who have been injured in an Uber accident.
- Drivers in other vehicles
- Passengers in other vehicles
- Rideshare passengers
- Drivers when someone else is at fault
If you have been harmed, you may deserve financial compensation.
How Our Law Firm Can Help
When you’re hurt in an accident, you need legal representation that you can trust. At Shealey Law Firm, our knowledgeable personal injury lawyers provide skilled legal assistance to the injured. If you’ve been hurt in an Uber accident, we can help you:
- Understand your rights and options
- Value your case, explaining how the law applies to your claim
- Seek the compensation you deserve
- Handle the legal process, working through your claim efficiently
- Address unique questions that may be important to your case
Getting compensation following an Uber accident is about justice. Whether you were a passenger in the Uber vehicle, in another vehicle or even a pedestrian, it isn’t always easy to get fair compensation for an accident. Let our lawyers build your case and advocate for your rights.
To see how we can help you, call 803-590-3917 or message us for your consultation.
Fault for an Uber Accident
If you are the victim of an Uber accident, you may receive financial compensation by bringing a claim. Common causes of fault for an Uber accident include:
- Improper lane change, weaving through traffic to reach a stopping point
- Stopping or standing at an improper location
- Driver fatigue, driving for too many hours without a break
- Allowing an unqualified driver to drive
- Distracted driving
- Vehicle defects and poor maintenance
- Drunk driving, driving under the influence
- Careless and aggressive driving
- Stop sign, stop light violations
- Following too closely, tailgating, speeding
Our legal team can evaluate the causes of an Uber accident. There may be underlying factors – like a driver who has previous traffic incidents – that aren’t obvious when an accident occurs. Let our team represent you by building the evidence and the legal grounds for compensation.
Compensation for Uber Accidents
Compensation for an Uber accident in Columbia is proportional to how serious your injuries and damages are. You may seek compensation for medical bills, lost income, replacement household care and services, vehicle damage and other property damage.
In addition, you may claim payment for your physical pain, mental injury, emotional suffering, disfigurement and loss of lifestyle. Don’t underestimate the value of your claim. It may be worth more than you think.
To receive the compensation you deserve, you must prove legal fault, causation between the accident and your damages and the amount of damages. For a personalized consultation of what your case may be worth, we invite you to contact us.
What laws apply to Uber accidents in Columbia, SC?
South Carolina fault laws apply to Uber accidents in Columbia, SC. Even when rideshare drivers are involved, the law is the same – someone who causes an accident owes the victim compensation for their injuries and damages.
How are Uber accident claims different from other car accident claims in South Carolina?
In many ways, Uber accidents are like other car accident claims in South Carolina. The party who is at fault is liable to pay damages. A victim has the right to claim financial compensation.
In other ways, Uber accident claims are different.
Some ways that Uber accident claims are different than other car accident claims in South Carolina may include:
- S.C. Code § 58-23-1630 requires Uber drivers to carry insurance that recognizes them as a transportation network driver.
- There are enhanced insurance requirements for drivers, including at least one million in liability insurance for death, bodily injury and property damage while actively giving rides.
- There are insurance requirements for drivers at any time they are logged into the transportation network app.
- Evaluation of the actions of a reasonable person should account for how a reasonable Uber driver would behave, including while embarking and disembarking passengers and preventing fatigued driving with proper rest.
- Laws for the inspection of vehicles used in rideshare services (S.C. § 58-23-1640) and driver qualifications (S.C. § 58-23-1650) may be relevant to a claim.
- Record-keeping requirements may provide valuable information when investigating a claim. (S.C. Code § 58-23-1670).
- Terms and conditions of user agreements (mandatory arbitration clauses) may be the subject of litigation. (See S.C. Code Title 15, Chapter 48 – Uniform Arbitration Act and Episcopal Housing Corp. v. Federal Ins. Co., 269 S.C. 631 (1977)).
Our lawyers understand how Uber claims are different from other types of claims. We will use the laws and legal procedures to advocate for you and protect your legal rights.
How Do I Start a Claim?
If you have been in an Uber accident, make sure the police are called, even if you’re not a driver. Report the accident to Uber through their app. Get the driver’s information and contact information for all witnesses. Then, contact a lawyer as soon as possible.
You may negotiate with Uber for a settlement. However, remember that Uber and their representatives are not on your side. It’s their goal to resolve the case for as little as possible, or maybe for nothing at all. Having an Uber accident lawyer represent you early in the process helps you fully pursue your compensation.
When you can’t fairly resolve the case by settlement negotiations, it may be appropriate to file a formal legal claim. There are time limits to get your case filed. Don’t wait to contact us to start your case.
Talk to an Uber Accident Lawyer in Columbia
Have you been in an Uber accident? You deserve fair financial compensation.
Shealey Law Firm’s team of legal professionals can be your resource.