Get the compensation you deserve with the help of a head-on collision lawyer at Shealey Law Firm. Call 803-590-3917 for a free case review with a Columbia car accident attorney and start your case today.
Attorneys for Head-On Collisions in Columbia, SC
If you or a loved one have been injured in a head-on collision, we invite you to contact Shealey Law Firm.
As lawyers for head-on collisions in Columbia, SC, we help people pursue justice and fair financial payment for their injuries.
Don’t settle for less than you deserve, or nothing at all. Discuss your case with a lawyer at Shealey Law Firm by calling 803-590-3917 today.
What Is a Head-On Collision?
A head-on collision occurs when two vehicles strike each other with a point of impact at the front of both vehicles. The vehicles are driving directly at each other when the crash occurs.
Why are head-on collisions so dangerous?
Head-on collisions are dangerous because:
- Both vehicles may be moving at the time of impact, amplifying speed and forces applied.
- Victims are likely to be thrown into the structures of the vehicle, hitting their heads on steering wheels, dashboards and seats.
- Often, there is little evasive action taken before impact, so impact can occur at full speeds.
- Vehicles may spin or rollover.
- Crushing may cause serious injury including broken bones, internal organ damage and disfigurement.
- Neck injuries may be especially prevalent.
A head-on collision has the potential to cause serious, life-changing injury and wrongful death. A victim may claim financial compensation.
Causes of Head-on Collisions
Potential causes of head-on collisions:
- Speeding, causing loss of vehicle control
- Driver inexperience, failing to recognize the correct lanes of travel
- Going the wrong way on a one-way road
- Weather or objects in the road that cause a driver to depart from their lane
- Vehicle malfunction
- Improper load of a vehicle or trailer, causing sway and imbalance
- Attempting to pass a vehicle when there is insufficient space
- Disobeying a traffic signal
- Drunk driving, driving under the influence
- Poor road design, failing to correctly navigate a curve or tight corner
- Distracted driving, texting while driving, inattention
Most causes of head-on collisions are rooted in negligence. In other words, the at-fault driver could have avoided the accident by being more careful or attentive. This negligence makes the party liable to pay compensation. In addition to a driver, a commercial employer, vehicle manufacturer or government entity responsible for road systems can be liable for a head-on collision.
As your Columbia head-on collision lawyer, we investigate all possible sources of financial recovery.
Proving fault for a head-on collision
Many head-on collisions occur when a driver departs from the correct lane of travel. They may cross the center line for various reasons. Most of these reasons have negligence as an underlying factor. The driver could have prevented the crash if only they had been more careful.
It is critical in any head-on collision claim to prove which vehicle departed from the lane of travel and why. Drivers may not remember, and the party at fault may not be truthful. However, evidence may be gathered in several ways.
Accident reconstruction may be conducted. It is a formal analysis of vehicle impact, debris from the crash site, damage to road fixtures and other evidence that may explain the events leading up to the collision. Witnesses, including the victim, may testify to their recollection. There may be cameras or vehicle event recording devices that provide evidence. As your lawyers, we gather this valuable information to build your case.
Compensation for a Head-on Collision in South Carolina
Victims of head-on collisions often suffer extreme injury. This harm should be reflected in your financial recovery.
Many victims underestimate what they may receive for a claim. Pain and suffering, disfigurement and lifestyle limitations resulting from injury should not be underestimated. The insurance company may offer you a quick settlement, but it may be far less than you deserve.
Talk to an Auto Accident Lawyer for Free
If you have been hurt in a head-on crash, you can have a free consultation with the Columbia auto accident lawyers at Shealey Law Firm. Learn about your right to compensation and how our law firm represents victims and families in legal claims. Call 803-590-3917 or message us now.